Sustain and THRIVE!
It's not enough to 'sustain' life and planet, let's make it ‘THRIVE’!
Sustainable & Thrivable Future!
Our work is inspired by the interdependency of planetary and human health and wellness. It is our conscious intention to be restorative, progressive and responsible in our business practices, relationships and commerce. We believe in making business choices and investments in products that lessen our impact on the planet's resources and enhance the health and vitality of people and planet. We choose to support businesses and manufacturers that are committed to doing the same.
Never doubt the power of individuals and businesses to make a significant impact for better or worse by their choices and ventures. To be in alignment with our commitment to sustainability and thrivability of people and planet, we at BlueGreen Acupuncture & Bodywork, made the following choices along the way:
- Bamboo flooring
- Paints that are 100% non VOC (zero chemical emissions)
- Recycled non-toxic insulation
- Energy efficient appliances
- Post-consumer recycled, soy ink and FSC certified marketing materials and paper products
- Non-toxic and environmentally friendly cleaning products and detergents
- Reverse osmosis filtered drinking water
- Majority of decorations and furnishings either second hand, FSC certified materials or purchased from local businesses
- Beeswax Candle Co. made locally and are 100% beeswax, lead and toxin free
- Rugs are non-toxic, natural fibers or 100% recycled plastic
- Artwork from local artists
- We recycle and compost
Goals for the new space at 222:
- Convert to renewable energy of wind or solar
- Plant another 100 trees to offset any necessary building materials used in the new construction